Micro Enterprise Promotion Program
Micro Enterprise Promotion Program (MEPP), a project supported by Small Industrial Development Bank of India and Sir Dorabji Tata Trust is assigned to Grameen Sahara to improve the quality of the Poor & Disadvantaged people in Rural, Semi-Urban and Urban areas through Development & Livelihood promotion, providing provision for financial services, Technical Assistance and other kind of Development Support Services in integrated manner. The project aims to ground 250 no. of small scale enterprises in Kamrup and Goalpara districts within 3 years of time from June, 2015.
- To improve the pace and quality of life of the rural and urban poor specially the village and decentralized sector.
- To focus attention on the women, children, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, minorities and other backward communities for economic self- sustenance.
- To create, develop and support self employment avenues for the educated unemployed rural and urban youth.
- To build social capital that will be used by the community and for the community.
- To optimally utilize all the available natural, social, economic and other resources for the well being of the community.